Monday, July 1, 2013

Patriotic Inspiration

First, I want to say Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends and family! Although you may think today should be inspired by all things Canadian (red & white, mounties, maple leaves, syrup, loons, moose, etc.) but all of my "Canada Day" manicures were bad (read: VERY embarrassing). So we're traveling back to my homeland-USA, my current state of residence-PA, and back over 100 years...

This week is the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg (American Civil War). More specifically, 150 years ago today, this memorable battle began. I created a simple manicure to commemorate this event. It can also be translated to a 4th of July manicure which is also this week.

Polishes used: Sally Hansen unlabeled white, Revlon Delicious, piCture pOlish Orbit (polka dots were created with a bobby pin)

1 comment:

  1. Orbit is gorgeous! My in-laws are at the 150th anniversary in Gettysburg this week!

    ReplyDelete