Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day to all of my friends in the USA! I hope you enjoy the many freedoms that you have and exercise daily. Today is a day to be grateful, to reflect, and to celebrate the heritage of our country.

To celebrate such a fine occasion, I created ANOTHER patriotic manicure (this is #3 for this year alone!). This one could definitely be considered the "preppy" 4th of July manicure. It incorporates bobby pin polka dots and a scotch tape chevron design to emulate a flag.
Despite the smudging on my index finger and the lack of crisp points on my chevron attempt, this turned out quite well. I love the combination of chevron and polka dots, I cannot wait to try this again in other color combinations:)

Polishes used: Zoya Song, Elisa, and Purity

What did you wear on your nails for this holiday? (Feel free to post photos on my facebook page & I will share them!) In the meantime, check out all of the beautiful patriotic nails at Groupie Glam!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You just made my day:)

      Delete
  2. I love this mani!! I'm obsessed with polka dots and chevron. So, I love this patriotic version. Thank you so much for sharing it in our collection post @ groupieglam.com! Xo, Alexis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexis, thank YOU for having a great post to share everyone's creativity. It is such a wonderful idea! I definitely found a couple new blogs to follow:) Thanks again, xoxo!

      Delete
  3. Ha Totally used these same polishes for my 4th of July mani. Elisa, and Song are Perfect,. I couldn't find my purity so I had to use another white though. lol
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. :-)

    *now following you*

    ReplyDelete