Monday, August 13, 2012

Barielle Life of the Party Comparison

When I pulled out the Some Like it HOT Collection from Barielle, I thought the pink in the collection looked familiar.  In fact I thought Barielle may have either changed the name of their polish or that they had 2 of the same polishes in their line.  I quickly found Eli's Magic and after taking bottle shots, decided that they were nearly the same pink.


However, once on the nail you can tell that there is a difference between these beauties.  Eli's Magic is on the index and ring fingers and Life of the Party is on the middle and pinkie fingers.  Below the swatches are of one coat of each of these polishes.

The Verdict:
Life of the Party is definitely a hot pink that has more coral within it.  Eli's Magic is more of a bright Barbie pink.  Eli's Magic is also slightly more transparent, but both polishes had a very smooth, self-leveling formula.  I prefer Life of the Party for the summer but like Eli's Magic better for spring.  I really like both.  I feel like I probably have to check Life of the Party against my non-Barielle Polishes next because just looking at it I can think of very similar colors that I already own.  I have a soft spot for pinky-corals that lean red:)

These polishes can be found at the Barielle website and retail for $8.00.

Disclosure: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company for consideration.  For more information please visit the tabs below the header.

No comments:

Post a Comment