Monday, May 21, 2012

Tangerine

It is quite evident that tangerine is taking over this year.  As it was declared the color of the year AND it is everywhere from cosmetics to clothes and accessories.  Everyone is wearing tangerine.

I must admit that I tend to shy away from oranges and yellows.  I've never found either color to be flattering on me and at times I struggle to build an outfit around one of these colors.  I have gotten much, much better at accenting with polish or accessories of a color that I am not completely comfortable wearing in large doses.  I tend to do the same thing with neons, accenting with them rather than wearing them in large quantities.

Today I decided to share a polish that I have had for a whole year and I have not yet shared with you.  When I got Dr.'s Remedy Tranquil Tangerine last summer I was excited to try this bright vibrant color.  However, my fear of oranges got the best of me as I felt very "Halloween" with it on.  
In reality, this beautiful glowing tangerine would only look like Halloween if paired with black.  In fact, Dr.'s Remedy describes it as "A bold, but wonderfully-wearable, slice of juicy delight."  I think they're spot on with that description.

The Verdict:
This glowing orange is beautiful.  The frosty golden, sun-kissed, orange shimmer creates depth and warmth to this polish.  As you can see, brush strokes are visible due to the frosted finish, however they are not glaring.  The application was very smooth and the consistency of this polish is thin but it builds up nicely.  Dr.'s Remedy Enriched polish is enriched with natural ingredients and is free of harmful chemicals.  It also contains natural treatments for nail fungus and brittle discolored nails.  It's a great healthy polish option.  Also, this orange is beautiful even if it is a tad too warm for my skin tone.  I'll have to give it another shot I guess:)

Dr.'s Remedy Enriched polishes can be purchased online from their website for $17.00 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment