Friday, May 25, 2012

OPI Planks A Lot

This polish was released last Spring as part of OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean Collection.  The majority of the collection is filled with pretty pastel creams.  I had high expectations for these lovely shades because i love pastels.  Here is the darkest of the bunch, Planks A Lot...
 This is 2 coats.  This polish was so frustrating to apply.  OPI minis are so hard to work with, they have a dinky brush with hard bristles that cause tons of cuticle drag and pooling.  I got rather frustrated with this polish and stopped after 2 coats.  I decided I HAD to do something with this crappy polish job I did, so I tried a herringbone manicure...
 It did not turn out as I had hoped, so I will have to practice & try it again.

The Verdict:
While I love this color, this polish definitely disappointed me.  I know that most of it was the fact that i have a mini and not a full size bottle.  I was however disappointed in the streaky thin nature of this polish.  I will have to give it another shot with a different base coat.  Needless to say, I do not recommend the mini of this polish (all of the minis of this collection were like this, but this one was the wateriest).  I really want to love this, but after looking at the pictures, I was saddened.  I love the color though:)

This polish was part of last spring's collection so it may be easiest to find at online retailers that sell OPI polishes.

1 comment: