Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Manicure

This week our Monday Manicure theme for Polish-aholics Anonymous is: Animal.

It could be animal print, animal drawing, animal tracks, you name it!  I REALLY struggled with this manicure.  I've seen so many amazing "animal" manicures out there that I wasn't sure I could measure up.  And let's be honest, this manicure was out of my comfort zone.  I'm not exactly someone to don loads of animal print or go "all out" on my nails.  I don't know if my novice self is quite ready for that.  But I did it...

I tried 5 different "animal prints" on my nails, all in black and white.  Thumb to pinky: leopard, dalmatian, zebra, giraffe, "snake."  This manicure lasted 30 minutes.  I just couldn't handle it.  A couple of days later I was just playing around with my polish and taught myself how to really make snake print.  I forgot to take any pictures, but maybe I'll redo this mani (or parts of it maybe as an accent) some time.

I was really glad I got to try this.  It was kind of nice to do something outside of my comfort zone. I cannot wait to see what the theme/challenge is for next week!

What is your favorite type of animal/animal print manicure to do?

4 comments:

  1. I think it turned out really well. This is very unique. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forget there is more than just two animal prints, I am always thinking on the snake one or giraffe :P Super pretty anyways, would love to see more of those :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beatiful designs!!
    I'm now a follower from you're blog.

    I would like if you visit my blog:

    http://www.nailartbyiris.blogspot.com/

    Iris

    ReplyDelete