Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mermaid Manicure

Yesterday's Sinful Colors Open Seas manicure was beautiful.  I really love the sea foam green.  I'm normally a "boring" polish kind of gal.  I prefer to use red, light pinks, or nudes on my fingernails.  I don't know why, but other colors make me feel like I have funny looking hands!

Alas, I decided to be bold and try something I would not normally do.  I added Sinful Colors Nail Junkie to my Open Seas mani.  I sponged it on with a cheap sponge tip applicator (the lame ones you get with eyeshadows-I never use them so this was a wonderful way to use and not waste!).

I don't know if there really is such thing as a "mermaid manicure."  If there is, I apologize for stealing the name. I decided on the name because it reminds me of something mermaids would wear, especially the colors:)
I guess I forgot to clean her up before taking her picture.  I apologize for the stray glitter everywhere:)

Here is the tutorial for this manicure.

2 comments:

  1. I love this combo! I think it looks great on you. :) Nail Junkie is one of those polishes I keep thinking about picking up. I'm definitely going to remember to pick it up next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz, you're such a sweetheart! And Nail Junkie is fabulous for sponging & layering (not so much on it's own though). Have fun with her when she's yours:) I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete